Guest apartment policy guidelines
1. IHD offers 20 self-contained studio guest apartments to meet the accommodation needs of visiting or newly arrived academic and general staff of Charles Darwin University. Visiting staff of Royal Darwin Hospital and other partner organisations, and parents visiting residents of IHD are also welcome to book a guest apartment.
2. The apartments are for short-term stays, defined as 28 nights or less. This is particularly necessary as demand can be high, especially at certain times of the year.
3. Requests for extension of stay are subject to bookings. Extensions of stay are limited. A guest’s continuous stay should not exceed three months.
4. All efforts are made to accommodate CDU staff but please note that external bookings that raise revenue for the University are a priority.
5. Colleges and departments within CDU should note that accommodation for consultants are strictly for short term stay. Any accommodation requirement longer than 28 days would need to be agreed in advanced and approved by DVC, Student Engagement and Success.
6. Couples are accommodated in all apartments. There is limited scope for family suites, with two apartments having an interconnecting door to an adjoining apartment. Sharing or twinning of unrelated guests per apartment is not possible.
7. Students requiring accommodation should apply for IHD’s student accommodation. This can be done on-line via IHD’s website. Students usually cover their own accommodation costs unless their college or department provides payment from its own funds.
8. Doctoral students seeking guest accommodation must have an employment contract with CDU to be considered as staff covered by the University’s access to IHD’s guest apartments.